When: Saturday, 17-May-2014
Where:Bhartiya City, Bangalore
Reporting Time: 3.00 PM onwards to collect BIB , 30 minutes prior to their respective category start time.
- Women's + U-18 - 3:40 - 4:10 PM ( 30 mins )
- Cat 2 + Master's - 4:20 - 5:05 PM ( 45 mins )
- Kids - 5:15 - 5:30 PM ( 15 mins )
- Cat 1 - 5:45 - 6:45 PM ( 1 hr )
Distance: 1.4 km closed loop
Race Fee: INR 300 online registration (Students race free – flash your ID Card!) NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS
Registrations Closes on Thursday.
Whats New This Race !!!!
- Cash Prize and Goodies for Podium
- Kids Race
- What is a Criterium?
It is race held on a short course (usually less than 1 mile), over a fixed duration of time (anywhere from 30-60 minutes), the winner being the rider who crosses the finish line first.
What does it mean to be "lapped" and "pulled"?
During a Criterium, if you fall out of the main group, dig deep to get back in or try hard to hold-off the field as long as you can, because if you get "lapped" (passed by the lead group/rider after dropping out of the lead group), you are "pulled" (asked to withdraw from the race).
What is the "bell lap"?
A Criterium is race that's run by time, not by distance/laps. The last lap of the race is called the "bell lap". As you pass through the start/finish, if you hear the BBCh siren go off, that signifies the last lap of the race is on, and you sprint for the line with all you got the next time across the finish!
- Why is the Criterium at Bhartiya City going to be awesome?
- The course will be completely closed off to traffic!
- We'll have some absolutely smooth pavement!!
- Easy to spectate and cheer racers!!!
- Riders are expected to be on self supported race mode including mechanical fixing, flat fixing, carrying their own toolkit, towing of the cycle if required etc.
- Emergency ambulance support will be available (Thanks to Sita Bhateja speciality hospital and Spectrum Physio. You guys are awesome!)
- Any rider can contact the race director through a specified BBCh phone number which will be active ONLY on race day (07406-998925)
- Riders are expected to read and understand and adhere to the rules of the race available on the website (http://bbch.in/RulesBook.htm)
- The race referee reserves the sole discretion of analyzing any situation during the race and his opinion will be considered final
- Registration is strictly on-line (http://bbch14-race4.doattend.com) and no spot registration will be allowed
If you would like to get in touch with the the core team, please do shoot us an email at email@example.com
Further details all on the race page
May 17, 2014
Add to your calendar
32/1, Thanisandra Main Road,
Near ICICI Manipal Academy, Chokkana Halli